It is vital that all everyone the NHS who is involved in making decisions about the use of resources - staff, goods and services and physical facilities - has an appropriate understanding of finance and financial governance, and is competent in the financial skills needed to undertake their roles.
Finance staff are able to offer a range of learning tools and resources to non finance staff at all levels including:
- Finance training sessions for board members
- Financial governance training
- Overview of finance at induction
- Budget holder training
- Finance modules within clinical training programmes - especially nurses and doctors
- One-to-one training or advice to budget holders
- e-learning tools
If you work in the NHS and want to know more about the finance training and learning opportunities available to you locally, please contact your local finance team, or contact us at email@example.com
and we can put you in touch.